The Telluride market is boutique in nature and superficially appears to be a simple market for an investor to grasp due to a limited number of developments and inventory. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Each neighborhood (10 in total) is as distinctly different as an investor’s needs and desires. Amenity packages, carrying costs, rental potential, appreciation, absorption rates, view, solar exposure, ski access, entitlement processes, and zoning matters are just a few factors that influence second home purchase decisions in various communities.
With over six decades of combined experience, Team TD Smith has intrinsic knowledge to counsel any investor in a direction that ideally matches his or her criteria for acquisition of a mountain property.
THE TEAM / ACCOUNTABILITY X 3
TD Smith began his real estate career in 1971 as VP/Real Estate Operations for Telluride Company (aka Telluride Ski and Golf Company).
- Co-founded TREC with the Telluride Ski and Golf Company in 1981.
- Participated in planning/entitlement process of Mountain Village with the master developer. Then was appointed as Director of Sales & Marketing with primary focus on Village land product in the new 2,500-unit mid-mountain development, personally overseeing $500 million dollars of Telluride Mountain Village real estate as TREC’s managing broker from 1984-1993.
- Team TD Smith has consistently been in the top tier of broker.
- In a production-based business, Team TD Smith has personal sales figures consistently placing them at the top of all local Telluride brokers. During the past four years, TD and Chris personally closed over $186,500,000 in transactions, a figure that exemplifies their proficiency at handling the finest and most elite properties in the market.
- TD’s team ranked #22 in Colorado, according to the Wall Street Journal / Real Trends in 2016. No other broker in Telluride appears in the top 100 rankings.
- TD Smith was bestowed the Lifetime Achievement Award by his peers, the Telluride Association of Realtors in 2007.
Chris Sommers, a licensed real estate broker with Telluride Real Estate Corp. since 2001 and partnered with TD at that time.
- A Kansas native, Chris attended the University of Kansas and Emporia State University. He graduated with a degree in Business Administration and is an alumni member of the Sigma Chi fraternity.
- Currently, Chris currently serves as the Past – President for the Telluride Association of Realtors and previously the President, President Elect and MLS Director for the same association.
- For his outstanding contributions, he was recently awarded the 2018 Realtor of the Year by his peers and the Telluride Association of Realtors.
- Chris’s philosophy of building lasting relationships and providing unparalleled market knowledge with excellent customer service is the key to success. As an established, professional broker his focus has been on the most upscale and opulent homes, condominiums and ranches for his buying and selling clients. This success is achieved only through constant communication with his clients through the latest technology of developing market trends, studying Google Analytics of his numerous luxury websites and identifying target markets for his clients.
Alex Smith, born and raised in Telluride, is the son of TD Smith, President and Managing Broker of TREC.
- After graduating from college in California, he pursued a five-year career in the television industry as a production coordinator for Warner Brothers Television, Paramount Pictures and Twentieth Century Fox. The organization, management, and meet demanding timelines were skills attained during his tenure.
- Alex joined Team TD Smith in 2011 and has since assumed a prominent role on the marketing side of the team and participation in day-to-day sales management and team prospecting.
- Being a member of the community throughout his life, he has forged working relationships with business owners, second homeowners, and fellow brokers, and has a keen understanding of the Telluride market place and the nuances of life in a unique resort community.