Free Concerts, Lectures, Wellness Events and More to Entertain All Summer Long
TELLURIDE, Colorado (May 26, 2016) – This summer, Mountain Village will be full of energy with a variety of free, family-friendly events taking place throughout the Village Core. With favorite events such as the Sunset Concert Series returning and additional new activities for guests of all ages added to the schedule, this new programming series will highlight everything Mountain Village has to offer and provide guests with numerous opportunities to explore and enjoy the area.
“Based on the success we’ve seen with individual activities in the past, such as the Sunset Concert Series and Family Fun Night, we want to allocate more resources toward providing exciting, year-round programming for Resort guests,” said Matt Windt, vice president of sales & marketing at Telluride Ski Resort. “We always want to provide the very best guest experience in Mountain Village and providing a wider variety of activities that appeal to guests of all ages is critical.”
Throughout the week, visitors can find a number of activities and events that appeal to a wide range of interests. This programming will include:
- Kids Zone – after an extremely popular kick-off this March, Kids Zone will return to the Telluride Conference Center on Mondays (June 27; July 11, 18 and 25). Kids age 12 and under can have fun on a 20-foot dual-lane inflatable slide, a bounce house/slide combo, mechanical bull, and inflatable jousting pit as well as a smaller bounce play area for kids 5 and under. Admission is free, and there will be a cash bar.
- TSRC Town Talks – Presented by the Telluride Research Science Center, the free TSRC Town Talks will take place on Tuesday evenings from June 21 – August 9 at the Telluride Conference Center from 5:30 to 7:30. This annual science lecture series brings together leading minds to discuss a variety of science-based topics related to current events and more. More details on the specific Town Talk topics can be found at telluridescience.org.
- Sunset Concert Series – Back again this summer is this weekly, free family-friendly concert series taking place on Sunset Plaza Wednesdays beginning June 22. A variety of acts ranging from soul to rock to country and more will perform each week against a stunning Telluride sunset. On Sunday, July 3rd, the annual “Red, White and Blues” Sunset Concert will also kick off, with two concerts, balloon art, face painting, inflatables and more.
- Movies Under the Stars – Starting June 23, bring the family to Reflection Plaza every Thursday evening to enjoy classics, comedies, dramas and more. All you need are your lawn chairs, snacks and blankets. Drink and food will be available for purchase on-site.
- Telluride Scenic Hikes – Meet neighbors and make new friends Sunday mornings at 9:45 am in the Conference Center Plaza for three-mile hikes on the trails around Mountain Village. Hikes will start on June 5 and will run through October 9.
- Telluride Classic Cinema – For the cinephiles visiting this summer, a series of classic films will be shown in the Telluride Conference Center. Taking place on select Saturdays starting in early July, the Classic Cinema series will show films such as Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid, The Wizard of Oz, Goldfinger and more. Movies begin at 7:30 pm and there will be a cash bar available on-site.
“We’ve worked hard to develop a wide variety of events throughout the week and spanning the entire summer season in Mountain Village,” said Anton Benitez, executive director of the Town of Mountain Village Owners’ Association. “We’re thrilled to offer both visitors and those who live in the region even more reason to visit us this summer.”
For more information on events in Mountain Village throughout the summer and beyond, go to http://events.tellurideskiresort.com.